Thursday, April 30, 2009

Honoured

Pin It Now! Here's a bit of a "boring warning" I know a post with no pictures does not a great blog make - and they are coming - I promise! I have been so busy this last week settling back home from being at Memories Manor and getting back into the crafty mindset at home that I haven't gotten a chance to upload my newest pics.

So - first things first, my great friend Nicki has asked me to stand up for her at her wedding. This really is a huge honour for me and I'm just thrilled. Nicki stood up for me when we got married and I am so so happy to be such a special part of her day! I felt that feeling of just not being able to speak or really put together my words properly the day she asked me (b/c normally talking a lot is not a problem for me) - but I was just so honoured.

Next on the agenda for today is a recap of our Scrapbook weekend away. Now I know some of you think it's really hillarious that J and I would spend an entire weekend scrapbooking -- and it was! But only in the best way possible. We just laughed the entire time and reverted back to our "high school selves" complete with inside jokes galore, it's so funny how you can meet someone "later" in life (ok we were in our 20's when we met) but really feel like you have known them forever! That's how it is with us - so nice.

Also - I may be the world's biggest copier of my blog crush Stephanie but after reading about her love of flea markets I have checked out our local market one day this week at lunch and I admit it - I'm hooked. I'm such a sucker for old, kitchy, one of a kind finds....this could really start to add up all these new hobbies of mine but I think that I just need to start being a saavy shopper...exhibit A I needed a hostess gift for a shower I'm going to tomorrow - I found the cutest milk glass vase at the market for way less than at HomeSense and filled it with bright gerberas from the Market...perfect!

No comments :