Friday, April 17, 2009

Vancouver Update

Pin It Now! Ahhhhhhhhhh.........feels SO nice to have a whole morning to just relax and wind down...on a weekday! We are here in Vancouver getting ready to kick off the festivities for T and N's wedding weekend - weeeeee!! Sucky part is that K and I both have terrible colds but beats being at work that's for sure. Our hotel Opus is awesome - great location, cool rooms and it has a complementary car that we took advantage of last night to take us to dinner at Raincity Grill yummy! E had given us this suggestion last time we were here (hmmm must have been almost 3 years ago now - we loved it then and it was great to visit again).

Here are a few projects I have done recently....quality of pics is really bad b/c just taken with my phone but gives you an idea of what's keeping me crafty. I am just getting my feet wet with scrapbooking/paper crafting but loooooooving it!
One card was for my neice who turned 5 this year and another for my cousin's in laws who celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this year:
Maya's B-day card - in it I wrote some of the memorable things she said...hopefully I'll remember to keep this up so she has something to look back on (these things included her asking if the geese out my window would "bite and atackle her" - ha ha try explaining the difference between "tackle" and "attack" to a 5 year old...it's hard!)


50th Anniversary Card - have to say this was one of the best reactions I have ever gotten EVER to a gift (any gift) - I gave it to them with a flower arrangement I made with tulips, gerberas and a small vase with ribbon and Senka was so touched she told me she would treasure the card forever (makes me so happy):
Yesterday we had a loooooooooooong day but was fun fun fun! We had to leave the house at 5:30 to head to the airport, got to Vancouver at around 11am (b/c of time change) and then headed to our hotel. We had lunch and then walked around most of downtown and did some shopping!

Today the girls are headed to get our nails done and the guys are going to do something manly....playing cards or other. They had planned on golfing but it's rainy so backed out.

Check out this purse that I got a few weeks ago (in honour of the wedding):
I had been oggling a similar one (in satin) at BCBG for a while now and when I went in a few weeks ago decided to bite the bullet. When I paid (for the satin one) I found out the entire store was 30% off - so decided to splurge for the leather version which really is more practical (should have listened to Kat from the beginning - so def. ended up copying her style with this choice but she has great style so now we're twinnies) - besides I needed something tangible to keep me from actually stealing N's custom Manolo's at the wedding tmw night(not that my big boats would ever fit into her cute dainty little shoes). I cannot wait to see these shoes...she has gotten royal blue shoes CUSTOM made for her big day - I think this idea is so fabulous b/c
a - who wants an expensive pair of white shoes?
b - when else in your lift can you justify a pair of manolos with zero guilt?
c - she'll wear them all the time
Off to the spa - enjoy the day!

No comments :