Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter recap and Scrapping Turtle weekly reveal

Pin It Now! Easter 2011 was a big success - we have hosted family before but always stuck to somewhat safe menus like brunches or bbq's - this was our first real fancy meal and it couldn't have turned out better!

It was kind of fun having two events back to back too because the prep work was kind of a 2 for one deal -- we did  a little candy buffet (which btw  by the end of the weekend gave me a stomach ache from even looking at it - I have since entered a "healthy eating phase" - bought a ton of veggies yesterday and made a soup last night - I think I am officially on a junk food cleanse)
 pretty flowers from costco - these are now on their last legs but I can't bear to throw them out just yet - it's not very often that we have so many fresh flowers in the house and they are so nice
 my little jonah bunny - he was SUCH a good boy this weekend - it was  pretty much a weekend full of his favorite things - people, lots of loud noises and attention...and as much as it's been a learning process for both of us these last few months (like in the sleep department) one thing I know to be thankful for is that he's such a portable, adaptable little guy, he just loves to be carted around and would be perfectly happy being carried around town all day (which came in handy on Thursday when I had to get ready ;))
 Dinner #1 - success!  Delicious menu courtesy of Dish Entertains cookbook and prepared by us!  The only thing that was a bit of a pain is the risotto is a bit time consuming - but we were all visiting in the kitchen anyway so it wasn't a big deal (just requires constant stirring)
 Dinner #2 - a bit more simple but just a delicious; homemade burgers and shrimps that we served after an afternoon of walking around town and eating yummy appies.
 Me and my fabulous sister in law - I am so happy for Jonah that he'll grow up having so many great people in his life, so special that the people that are dear to me are quickly becoming special people to him as well.
And onto some scrapping news - yesterday was reveal day at The Scrapping Turtle - our challenge was to create a layout using our April supplies based on this ad

it was our last challenge of the month so I was running low on supplies but I actually love the way this one turned out, it is so far from my "typical" style:
Have a great day!

No comments :