Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend update

Pin It Now! So of course I had this entire post typed out and some how lost it just before I went to publish it (what the heck!?)

Anyway - I had a terrific weekend, got to see ALL of my high school girlfriends, it doesn't happen very often that I get to see all of them in such a short span of time but I had my kiddo date with Meag and Linds on Thursday and then met the Toronto girls for brunch on Saturday - it's funny because spending time with Meag and Linds is so easy we just talked about kids and other stuff fluidly throughout the day. I'm still getting used to talking to people without kids, and even though these girls and I have been friends for forever and a day and I know I could talk to them about anything I don't want to be one of those people that "onlytalksabouttheirkids".....but honestly?  That's really all I have to talk about these days - and not in a bad way, but really that's what's consuming my life these days.  I think it's funny now when people ask me "what did you do today" - sometimes I am at a loss at how to answer that question, because frankly my schedule these days is just tough to describe, and if I were to list out all the things that I've done I'm sure I would put non mom's to sleep.  But when I really stop to think about it what I'm doing these days is not about me - it's about Jonah - and I am still making an effort to do things just for me but now it's just a different type of balance.

This sequence of pictures from last week kills me - check out how Hunter swipes J's toy from him.....while all the while us girls are totally oblivious (ha ha!)













I will be back later this week with some scrappy posts but J has had enough of his jumparoo thank you very much.

Have a great day
xoxo

1 comment :

Keshet said...

So glad you had some girl time!