Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hello long weekend!

Pin It Now! Welcome back, we missed you :) I love that the Easter long weekend marks the start of monthly long weekends through the end of the summer....I know that summer is still a little ways away but now it just feels like it's within reach.

We have big plans this weekend - hosting two dinners, I must be crazy becuase I left our Costco run until today and took the baby -- we went pretty early in the morning so it wasn't so bad but it was still pretty nutty....think lots of cartjams and people aimlessly wondering the aisles. I have to do one more grocery store run later today (becuase I only need one carrot not 450 and a few other small things) and then hit the bakery on Saturday am and then we are good to go.

I'm making centerpieces for the table - I wanted to do a potted plant for all the ladies but the Costco pickins were slim and I couldn't go anywhere else so I just got a bunch of tulips and small roses and some greens -- I think it'll turn out pretty and spring-y.

Tomorrow we're having herb roasted beef tenderloin, spring pea rissoto and roasted asparagus and Saturday it's grilled shrimps (on the barbie!) and burgers with tons of appetizers....pretty much all of the above comes from this book - I think I have raved about it before but it's seriously amazing.  Go buy it.  Apparently Trish Magwood has another book coming out soon - I will definitley be getting it...I am a huge sucker for cookbooks in general and I love it when I can turn to any page and love what I see (and be able to tackle it!)



Hm - the afternoon nap I was counting on has been cut very short.  I will be back later with a recap of our weekend and a few more crafty shares

Happy Easter!