Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Power of Print

Pin It Now! have you seen this ad campaign about print magazine? i love it 
it is clearly an effort by publishers to promote the print medium over the online world but i really like the message. 
don't get me wrong - i love the internet.  i love to shop, connect, browse online. 
but there is something more relaxed about print.

as the internet continues to explode there is something so nice about sitting down with a coffee and a magazine.

latley i've been travelling with hardcopies of Travel and Leisure (even though we have NO trips planned it's fun to read about all the places we may some day go), relaxing with Real Simple and getting recipe ideas from Everyday Food

the internet is still my "go to" quick fix for last minute ideas for dinner etc. but i think there is something to be said about the real deal.

i have been keeping my scrap on (ha!) by participating in some challenges lately like this one over at the Studio Calico blog:



and this one from Crate Paper


i am loving the way these challenges get me to just pick up my supplies and go for it.
have a great day
xoxo

2 comments :

Keshet said...

Love your pages! And I also love challenges lately--the perfect way to get out of a slump!

*reyanna* said...

Love your layouts! Awesome work! I also really like that magazine ad. And I agree, I LOVE curling up with my magazines, a blanket, and some tea. :-)