Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nesting

Pin It Now!
I think i am in full fledged nesting mode - this morning I was up at 5am and HAD to steam mop the entire floor (even though it had been done yesterday), then i had to clean under the sink, i felt like Magda from Something about Mary

....I also made these magnolia bakery cupcakes today for my cousins who are coming over shortly for lunch.

i had tried them once before and didn't think they were as moist as they should be so this time around I added a vanilla snack pack to the recipe and i think it did the trick! the icing was a bit runny - too much milk i think, next time i'll put in less or do a blend of butter and shortening to stiffen it up a bit (thanks J for that suggestion!)

the humidity has finally broke here so i think we are going to be able to enjoy lunch outside!

have a great day
xoxo


7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hey-- congrats! I haven't been by your blog in a while. That's great! Babies are awesome. :)

I was at the Olympics, too! I haven't scrapped it a whole lot, though. I love your pages! It inspires me to go back and pull some of those photos out and scrap them. :)

Michelle said...

Those cupcakes look yummy!

Christa said...

I think I need one of those cupcakes!! Yummy!

Larajc said...

It is certainly a good feeling when you put your energy to use...just do not get too worn out! MMMMM...Cupcakes!

Unknown said...

OK, I don't think it's possible for cupcakes to look any yummier!

Debbie said...

looks yummy !~

Lulu said...

Oh girl I hear you.. I have been nesting like CRAZY... ;)

I was off to make some Chocolate Zucchini muffins in a minute too.. But that look divine! Hmm...