Friday, August 6, 2010

why i create

Pin It Now!

sometimes i forget why i create. i look at a layout after i'm done with it and i think it just looks like poop and i want to rip it up and start again.

do you ever do that? i do it with photos of myself too. most times i see myself in a picture i instantly decide i don't like it and want to delete it from the camera. then when i go back to my past photos i think -my hair looked pretty like that or those jeans looked goooood. but at the time i NEVER think that!

what i remember about the past are the good things like how it was so fun when we used to go for 2 hr lunches every day in high school and buy a latte and a bagel every day for lunch and how when we were in university how what i was going to wear to the bar that night was a really critical decision in my day. or just sitting and talking for hours. about nothing. about everything.

when i look to the future i do the same thing, i anticipate all the good that will come like how it will be so fun when we all have kids and can all do holidays together or how it will be so great when we dont' have to work 12 hr days and we can go on vacations to faraway places.

when i think about the now i always have something pressing that i'm worried about ....so that's one of the reasons i create.

it helps me focus on the now and appreciate it. and that's really why i scrapbook.

sometimes i get so overwhelmed by all the stuff.
by all the people that are SO good
by the thought that i'll never get it all down on paper
but i won't
there's just no way - life is too full for that
life is too busy for that and life also too big for pieces of paper
but in the pieces of paper i can show pieces of my life
and that's why i create.


4 comments :

MB said...

love this virgie - it made my night xo

Anonymous said...

Hello. Beautiful layouts and I'm glad you shared the reason why you create. Life is indeed moving very fast and capturing the moments and your stories in your layouts is something really priceless.

Kasey said...

Your pages are gorgeous! I love the little details you added and such.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I appreciated it!

Keshet said...

Love this post--so honest and real. I feel all of those things quite a bit, too. I really love your pages, though--they have such vibrant colors, and lots of bits and pieces. You have a beautiful style:)