Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tour De Nursery

Pin It Now! i can't believe i only have one week of work left until i start my  mat leave - the past few weeks have been bittersweet....i am so excited about what's to come but the thought of not being at the job that i have been going to every day for the past 6 +years seems so strange and as much as i know i will love my mat leave i will also miss my job and all the people that i work with. 

the things that i won't miss are how sore my back has gotten sitting all day at my desk or the intense pain that has started radiating through my wrists by mid day - physically i think my body is starting to tell me to wind it down.  i think mother nature is also having a say in my repertoire these days....I'm up every 2 hrs to pee which was kind of annoying at first but now I'm just kind of used to it and my schedule has just started to shift to be one where i am just not sleeping through the night....hence the really early morning blogging.


not to say that I'm not enjoying pregnancy - obviously the end goal will be worth it but there are a few other things that i love about it - pull up pants for one....those have come in super handy the last few weeks and although i do look forward to wearing normal clothes again the elastic waist band is a pretty clever invention that i will miss.  People are SO nice too, that's another big plus - I have started to get a lot of people asking if they can touch the belly and honestly I don't mind. 


onto the baby's room:

we started this project AGES ago - back when my belly was smaller than a small country (see visual reference above ;))  - it seemed aggressive at the time but it took a lot of time for a lot of of what we'd chosen to arrive so it was a good move.
once we decided to abandon our original "baby/lamb" theme and just go for things we liked the process went a lot smoother

 this is the view from the door - we did bean board and kept the colour pallet neutral (inspired by Joanna ;)) - it was Kirk's idea to go almost to the ceiling with the bean board....i wasn't sold at first but love the way it turned out.

 this is the view from the opposite corner.  that pompom cluster is one of my fave. things in the room.  we got it from etsy and k. helped me hang -- ideally i would have liked directly above the baby's crib but wasn't sure that was the smartest idea in case one fell down. 

(ben is really starting to wonder what's going on)  

view of the change table

crib view with baby's cozy quilt and matching pillow 

Etsy finds:
Prints - Farouche
Owl - BWinks
Pom Poms - Fiesta Pom Pom
Alphabet Print - InkTreePress

10 comments :

Sasha Farina said...

that is looking so cozy! i love your quilt!

Valerie said...

Looks lovely - love your wall treatment :)

Sweet Peripety said...

The nursery is adorable! Looove that quilt! The colors are so sweet!
Amy@ Www.looktothesky.typepad.com

Kasey said...

That looks like a lovely nursery! I love the colors! And that bright pop from the pom poms is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

That quilt is gorgeous! Lucky baby to be in that room!

Anonymous said...

omg...this is gorgeous!

Lulu said...

The nursery is as CUTE as can be!! And so are you :)

Keshet said...

This room looks adorable, my dear!

Heather said...

I LOVE the colours you used in the nursery and all the sweet artwork and fabric!! Gorgeous!

*reyanna* said...

Looks great! You guys did an awesome job! ;-)