Saturday, October 16, 2010

Freezer dinners

Pin It Now! I've been off work for one whole week and I have to admit the first day or so was SO STRANGE - to go from the same routine every day for almost 6 years to knowing I won't be back for about a year felt awkward at first. 

Throughout the week I found my groove and got some good cooking done for when baby gets here.

I made this Martha Stewart lentil soup and froze a bunch of it in individual mason jars and then this Giada marinara sauce with turkey meatballs - we had it for dinner on Thurs night and it was delish.

Up Monday is this Italian wedding soup also from Giada - I mix it up a bit and put pastina pasta instead of the egg in the broth and then spinach instead of escarole but this is a yummy freezer dinner. 

I'm still on the hunt for more good freez-able meals that we can heat up easily once the baby gets here so holla back if you know of any ;) -- my offical due date is 3 weeks today so geting close! 

have a great day - xoxo

2 comments :

Valerie said...

I remember how it felt to be home like that after working for so long. Looks like you have a system in the works, though. Enjoy this time at home - you earned it! (Love those Giada recipes! Thanks for sharing your tips!)

Keshet said...

You've been busy! Enjoy this special time!