Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bittersweet

Pin It Now! We locked down J's daycare for next year yesterday.  This is such great news as it's with a daycare we didn't initially think we'd be able to get him into and he'll be going with on of my friend's sons who is basically the same age as him...but now that my return to work date doesn't seem like some distant date in the future I'm already starting to panic slightly.

The thought of rushing through our days
getting ready
packing lunches
commuting
dinner
clean up
bedtime
do it all over the next day makes me nervous.  Right now our days are pretty structured and flow easily and because I'm home on mat leave I do meals, cleaning etc when J is napping.  I can't figure out how we'll do it once I'm back at work but I just keep reminding myself that millions of people make it work and really there is no point in trying to figure it out now because no matter how I think it will be it will inevitably be different so there's really no point in worrying about it now*.
*lesson above learned earlier this year when I thought I knew everything I needed to know about having a baby so skipped every birthing/parenting class and decided to just wing it ;)

So I am trying to instead focus on this summer.  On enjoying this special time that we have just Jonah and I.  On going for walks, swinging at the park, playing at the splash pad.

And when he's napping and I'm caught up on chores I scrap.  I will miss that a lot when I go back to work ;)

I'm finally getting caught up with my month by month posts:






I'm really loving these month by month pages - I'm proud that I've stuck to it this long.  I really wanted to do project 12 this year but only got as far as January so I'm pretty happy I've got 8 months of these done already....even though the thought of that makes me cringe a bit with the realization that my itty bitty baby is now 2/3rds of the way to 1 year old!

3 comments :

Kiss Me Kate said...

This scrap pages are amazing - you are so great. You have ultimately surprised yourself into great parenting, so I have no doubt that you will transition into a working-mother just fine. They are lucky guys. Love ya.

Keshet said...

I'm sure the transition will take some time at first, but go great--when are you going back?

Lindsay said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pages - so beautiful. So happy to hear that J's daycare sitch worked out! And I love your thoughtful approach - focus on now and the time you have to be home and enjoy this stage, and returning to work will inevitably work itself out! xoxo