Thursday, June 25, 2009

Collections

Pin It Now! I have always loved collecting things. In the past few years as my mom's genes have kicked in in full force I also love to clean and purge and organize.  It makes collecting a bit of a conundrum at times.  I really can only justify keeping things if they are put to good use, otherwise the thought of them being stuffed away in a box somewhere bugs me...so I've had to somewhat limit the amount of "things" I collect and also in limiting have realized there really are a lot of things that I don't need to have around.  Makes for a more organized house and also gives me peace of mind.  
One of the collections I have held onto is our wine cork collection.  It is featured prominently on our kitchen table and is always a conversation starter.  We don't save every cork we get but always save the interesting ones or the ones from trips or a memorable meal.  For a few of them I've written on them to remember where we were and when but for the most part I just love how they look all grouped together.  

Here are a few of the recent layouts I've done: 


Heading up north this weekend - can't wait! 


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Love that "Gateway Bridge" layout! I'm new to your blog, but I'm looking forward to sitting down with a cup of coffee and giving it a read through. :)