Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blissfully Aware

Pin It Now! Just finished a GREAT book – My Sister’s Keeper; Jodi Picoult always uses quotes at the start of her chapters and this is one that really stood out to me. Grief is so strange isn’t it? It’s something that really can just smack us all in the face at any point but over time can ground us.

When along the pavement,
Palpitating flames of life,
People flicker round me,
I forget my bereavement,
The gap in the great constellation,
The place where a star used to be.
DH Lawrence, Submergence

I love this quote because I do think grief erodes over time but loss really never goes away, it just shifts its shape and ends up changing us. There is still a space left behind.

Had a fun fun weekend with family and friends. Celebrated Meaghan’s bday on Sat night out with the Aurora girls – we had a blast. Really I think I probably had too good of a time - but to revert back to my point above, to me dancing my heart out whilst flailing a glowstick above my head and shouting “it’s a rave! It’s 1996!” followed by having two servings of poutine at 3am is just one of the ways I have learned to embrace life. Fromage but true it’s these times with my friends that remind me that time is so fleeting and things can change in a blink. I think the expression blissfully unaware is an oxymoron – I think it’s better to be aware and appreciate everything, the good and the bad b/c it’s really that juxtaposition that makes you realize how good the good can be isn’t it?

On a lighter note ordered my dress for Nicki’s wedding! Woo – so excited. I got it from JCrew.com and I think that it will be fabulous but we shall see when it gets here, just got an email letting me know that it's been shipped (I really hope I don't get gauged for customs), the inital style I wanted was sold out till Sept but I think I'm going to like it. What do you think?
What’s making me happy as of late is organizing myself into oblivion. I have re-arranged all of my scrapping pages in to these:

American Crafts albums - so love that they are all the exact same album and I don’t have multiple sizes and shapes flailing around my house – I’m a bit of a nut that way, once I get on a kick there is really no stopping me until it’s done (v. surprised that I already have 3 albums full of pages - wow). Also have been attacking my closet as of late. Went from looking like Ben barfed in it to somewhat organized and that makes me happy

Tres excited about this find I found today at lunch:
Got it for almost half price at HomeSense – I looked on Amazon and they have a similar price so if you are interested buy it online. Excited to check this out, word on the blogk (I made that up – you like? Blog + blog) is that it’s a great book. Started looking tonight, I'm only at "B" for Botanical Pressing but so far really enjoying it.

No comments :