Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Red cups at Starbucks

Pin It Now! It's hard to beleive -(and a bit sad) but Christmas is almost here! 97.3 has finally started playing Christmas songs (it's about time). K and I had a debate on the way to work today about the song Do they know it's Christmas...he thought it went "heal the woooorld" and I thought it was "feed the woooorld" (I was right). Isn't it funny how you can go your whole life and think that a song goes a certain way and then find out that it doesn't? When I was a kid I thought the Fresh Prince Theme song went like this "In West Ville Ennelvia born and raised..." (it's West Philladelphia), and then there is another part that I thought went "I was shootin some B Ball I thought I was cool" (which is actually "outside of the school"). Ha - funny.

A lot has happened since my last blog. Two trips to NYC (one which I mentioned below but didn't elaborate on), both for work but one with K which was great. The first trip I got to see my blog momma yyz and nycfoodie.com in one night - my blogger community all in one spot. Also, the most dissapointing thing happened to us. YYZ and I had seen this "really cool guy" at one of our GenArt Fashion Shows - he was sitting in the front row and was very stylish and handsome (tall, black, wore a dress shirt, tie, sweater and black glasses) - we both noticed him and how cool he looked. Well...you can imagine our suprise when we saw him at our Luxe club event - but he turned out to be a major phony! Stylish guy ended up being sleezy guy and ended up dirty dancing with a trashy girl all night. Ick.

This past weekend had an awesome time at Jingle Ball in NY - it was a lot of work getting to that point so it was great to see it all execute on site - I love all my peeps at Clear Channel, T-Mo and BB in NYC! The coolest thing that happened is that we were witness to some Gossip Gangsta comin atcha aka Not from concentrate aka Perez - we listed every day on the way to work and Mon heard about a "fight that errupted on Fri night at a concert in NYC between security and Katy Perry's BF Gym Class Heroes frontman Travis"...well we saw the fight! Didn't know what it was all about at the time but exciting none the less. The gift lounge was fun but concert was amazing - we were super close and it was a great show.

This weekend should be fun - having some friends over Sat night - looking forward to seeing them all esp. *n aka Little Squirell.

I think I figured out how to hyperlink in this blog so enjoy!

1 comment :

YYZtoNYC said...

Well my blogs may beat yours for length, but you're definitely showing me up in tech savvy. Pics and hyperlinks? Maybe I'm too old for this afterall. ;-) Keep up the great work LMBT!