Sunday, July 8, 2012

Vacation recap

Pin It Now!
We are back from a super fun week away in Florida.  We always have fun every time we go down but this was the first time I think that Jonah really enjoyed that we were there - he had a blast splashing around in the pools, swimming at the beach and going to the zoo.  Kirk and I had such a fun time too - riding bikes in the evening, going for walks and swimming - along with eating at some of our favourite places...and discovering new treats that we don't have in Canada like Chicago Popcorn (a mix of cheddar corn and carmel corn in one bag - yum!) and Cupcake Flavour goldfish graham crackers.  We went with my in laws which was a treat b/c it was there first time so we got to show them our favourite places.  I missed my parents because we normally go down with them but it made me excited to go back down with them in the fall.  It was the perfect amount of time away because by yesterday I think Jonah was started to get overtired and I was feeling ready to get back home into the swing of normal eating and living again but I sure enjoyed our week of indulgence.  

I took tons of pics and hope to print them and scrap them soon - here are a few of my faves: 

J's crocs - whenever I look back on my pics the everyday pics are the ones I tend to like most - I need to get better at taking more of these types of pictures: 
 Jonah enjoying the view at the zoo:
 Happy bathing babe:
 Sleepy beach Liam:
 Signs in Naples:
 The brothers celebrating Canada day south of the border:
In other news Liam is now 3 months old!  He just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter, full of coo's and likes to "talk".  He's still a great sleeper although this past week put him off a bit - we were just on the go all day so looking forward to a week at home to get back into our regular routine.  He really likes to be in his carseat and look around, he likes his swing but we didn't really miss it too much when we were away.  He's just such an easygoing sweet soul - he's like that informercial "set it and forget it" - I can put him down on a couch and walk away and I'll go back to check on him five minutes later and he'll be dozing away.  He goes to the dr. this week so we'll get his latest weight and height but I think he's feeling heavier these days.  He was a great little flyer - I feel like his monthly updates don't change much - but we really are blessed that he is such an easy little babe because Jonah is a going concern (in a good way)- so full of "piss and vinegar" (Ha that expression kills me).

1 comment :

justem said...

Those are the cutest shoes ever. :)