Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One Little word 2011

Pin It Now! Last year I chose Create as my One Little Word

Ironic really because in 2010 we made a baby!

This year I've thought a lot about my word - I chose it a while ago just didn't have time to document it or why I chose it.  For 2011 I chose Faith.

I was the most nervous pregnant person on the planet.  I read that "what to expect" book every day.  I was terrified to tell anyone at first for fear that I would miscarry.  I Googled everything there was to Google.  Every little kick and flutter of the baby in my belly made my heart race a bit.  I read a million books about what to do once baby was here (I retrospect I should just go and publish my own book that basically tells people to prepare not to sleep for a good 12 weeks time and forget about labour pains, after the baby arrives is when you're really in for a treat "down there"..but it's all worth it  and after that your life will become normal again!)...but I digress - before I had Jonah I was so scared - felt so unprepared.

I knew then that I didn't want to be a nervous mom.  I didn't want to be worrying all the time, raising him to be a person who was scared of everything around every little corner.  I am a worrier by nature so I definitely cannot say that I will accomplish this completely - but it is my goal.

I chose Faith as my word for 2011 because it encompasses pretty neatly what I want to have and show for him.  Faith that he will be ok, that I'll be ok, that as a family of three we'll figure it all out - that I'll try my best and that will be good enough.  Faith that he'll be ok without me - at first in his crib, then as he gets bigger with a sitter, then at school, then living on his own when he goes away to school - faith that I'll raise him to be a strong sensitive loving proud boy - a boy who will turn into a great man.  A boy who has a strong sense of worth but is not boastful.

I was laughing the other day because I looked up his horoscope - Scorpio:
Scorpios are the most intense, profound, powerful characters in the zodiac. Even when they appear self-controlled and calm there is a seething intensity of emotional energy under the placid exterior. They are like the volcano not far under the surface of a calm sea, it may burst into eruption at any moment. But those of us who are particularly perceptive will be aware of the harnessed aggression, the immense forcefulness, magnetic intensity, and often strangely hypnotic personality under the tranquil, but watchful composure of Scorpio. In conventional social gatherings they are pleasant to be with, thoughtful in conversation, dignified, and reserved, yet affable and courteous; they sometimes possess penetrating eyes which make their shyer companions feel naked and defenseless before them.
Pretty much sums him up ;) 

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind on doing my One Little Word! But you've chosen a great one!

Lisa Dickinson said...

that word sounds perfect for your year! ;)

Anonymous said...

wonderful word! and i can say for sure that scorpio men are amazing. you're a lucky mama to have one in your home! ;o)

lisa truesdell said...

what a gorgeous pic of your boy. love your word and what it means to you!