Sunday, December 12, 2010

12 days of thankful - day one

Pin It Now! I love Christmas – Christmas music, Christmas lights, Christmas cookies – but this year has been a bit different – I realized that Christmas is almost here and I got worried I’ve just about missed it because life has been such a whirlwind since J’s arrival.

We had a big day yesterday – I took Jonah by myself to Toronto to meet his Auntie’s and have a girls afternoon Christmas get together….we do it every year and this year it was amazing – and we did it, just the two of us our first time out together and we made it there on time with all of the things we needed and he was a great boy in the car. . When we were downtown I saw the CN Tower all lit up for Christmas and got so excited. We listened to the Christmas station on Satellite Radio the entire time – and I started thinking about this Christmas, how it IS so special for us – so different than any other Christmas – and I realized that even though I don’t have time for a tree this year and won’t bake toblerone shortbreads or wrap the gifts in fancy paper with matching ribbon that this is one of the best Chirstmases we’ve had, that our lives are so full. That there is so much to be thankful for…..

Like this little boy who was born 4 days earlier than J - and J ended up being born on Hudson's due date. That they will always have that story that binds them. That his mommy and I can get together and take pictures of them together holding hands acting like besties the same way we used to get together when we were 13 years old and take posed pictures of our friends. That she is a great mom – a total natural. I knew she would be – she’s always loved babies, but it made me so proud to see her in her element, almost took my breath away – such a special person and an inspiration to me.

I'll be back tomorrow with more! 

6 comments :

lisa truesdell said...

oh, what a sweet pic!! this holiday season may be hurried and behind w/ the new little man, but it will be the most special one you ever have. enjoy it!

amytangerine said...

adorable!

Tonya said...

Soooo stinkin' sweet. They truly do change your life huh?!

Jennifer said...

how sweet!! I hope you enjoy your holiday!! :)

Kelly said...

What a beautiful post and a beautiful pic. Have a Merry Christmas with your new beautiful babe xxx

Lindsay said...

Virgie - such a precious picture. You made it, your first road trip with just the two of you! Wish I had been there to celebrate with you guys. I love how thoughtful and intentional you are as a friend and now mom, and can't wait to come and visit you, hopefully soon after the holidays. Have the best Christmas! xoxo