Wednesday, August 12, 2009

measuring up

Pin It Now! “Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.”
was sent this quote by one of my girlfriends this week – had heard it before but it really is a good one and isn’t it so true?

The last two weekends were very special to say the least. 2 friend’s weddings in one week and although K and I have been part of the wedding circuit for the last 4 years now (starting with our own….eek it has been a long time!) it has been mostly K’s friends – wasn’t until this past year or so that my friends have started. Don’t get me wrong I’m all about the what’s mine is yours and what’s yours is mine yadda yadda in our marriage and some of my now closest friends friends that i've met through k but there is just something special about seeing someone you’ve known for ages and ages seal the deal - do you know what i mean?


...Someone who ended up marrying her husband that she met when we were in Europe together 8 years ago this summer
...Someone who can draw a likeness to Miss J from ANTM to someone you knew from high school and I know in an instant who she is talking about
...Someone who I worked with at 16 at summer camp who would know what I meant if I called her Turbo
...Someone who introduced me to my husband 8 years ago this fall

That’s what takes my breath away really….how tightly weaved the threads are of our lives. i'm happy for the marriages and all that but it really does just solidify how lucky i am to have these amazing friends in my life.

On another note I am kind of obsessed with Sid Dickens Plaques lately

Like actually love them. I want them all.







4 comments :

MB said...

OMG I am howling about the Miss. Jay picture on your blog..I seriously can't handle this right now!!!!

lisatoronto said...

love that quote--- you should scrap it!

Joanna said...

Heeey Beyotch -- how come you never blog about me??? :)
Kidding - love reading your blog. The layouts are all delish and your house looks fab in the pix. Can't wait to see it live!
J.

Virginia said...

bah - i wish that was my house - i want all of those plaques but only have 3 so far.

I am planning a good blog about you J - complete with monkey face and saaa-whooooo!!! references