Sunday, August 23, 2009

kudos to kit clubs

Pin It Now!
my friend joanna introduced me to the idea of kit clubs - a scrapbooking monthly kit that you get in the mail that has coordinated papers, embellies etc....I wasn't sure I was sold on the idea but then checked out studio calico -- debated a few months before deciding to bite the bullet; my first kit arrived on Thurs night and I busted into the stash right away.  The below layout is a result...i have to say these are never products i would have picked individually but together i love them, was so fun to be able to just reach in and grab something and know it would "go" instead of rooting around in my stash.  love this pic. 


this next layout was inspired by the lovely and talented stephanie howell - i always love her stuff,  when i saw a recent layout she had done with a similar title it sparked this idea below and i just knew had to document maya's stink eye face - she is honestly for the most part a darling, happy little girl but when she's in a funk watch out, she gets pretty miserbs.   love this pic b/c my dad is comforting her which is just what she needed that day, a little extra tlc.  so cute.  


hope everyone is having a great sunday! 

also have to say that i did some pre-planning of the two pages above and found it made my actual scrap time so much better....was able to focus on creating and just copy my journalling that i'd documented prior, i never get that much time to sit and scrap at once so will def. try to do this going forward 

xoxo


1 comment :

MB said...

Love your new layouts V! I may have to try out a kit sometime soon :) xoxo