Saturday, July 11, 2009

Remembering

Pin It Now!
I can't believe it's been almost 4 years that Donny has been gone.  4 years ago that the earth shook so hard i felt like it would never stop.  4 years ago where i wished i had a rewind button. Car crash is exactly what it was because everything just came crashing down.   

Donny was one of those people who everyone loved.  I think in that book the Tipping Point he would have been called a connector, you know, someone who knows everyone and who you feel like you've known forever even if you've just met.  He was my brother's best friend, a natural extension to my family as I'm sure he was to many families.  

As I grew older we didn't see each other as often but I could always call him and tease him about his new girlfriend, ask him about his dog or whatever really.  He was my friend and man he was loved by everyone. When he died there were hundreds at the funeral.  It was the saddest day of my life, someone so young, gone so soon, loved by so many.  Not that that's something to measure his life by really, the day we said goodbye - but I think the reason there were so many people was because of how he lived.  

He was always smiling, would always get you a beer, would always make you feel welcome.  I will always wish it never happened, I will always wish that he was still here with us, but I also try to be that kind of friend now, I try to live that kind of live, one without regret, focusing on what really matters, try not to let the little things take over.  He will always matter to me - always be loved, I will always remember him.  


1 comment :

Lulu said...

Oooh :( I am so sorry for your loss..
I also just wanted to thank-you for the very sweet comments on my blog! You are too kind :)