Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Seven

Pin It Now!
Really? 
Seven Months? (well it's tomorrow to be exact but I just felt like blogging it today ;))
Look at this giant!

I know I say this every month that time is just rushing by but this month seems especially bittersweet - now I am officially over halfway done my maternity leave - and I know that living in Canada it is such a luxury to get an entire year off but it really is just flying by.

And so - at SEVEN months Jonah...:

  • Sits! This is a big one and has allowed me a ton of freedom - and an especially big thank you from my back and neck


  • Naps regularly - equally happy about this one - it has been so amazing, he's actually turned into a "routine" baby....I always felt weird before this month when people would ask me what his routine was b/c I honestly wanted to say to them..."mmmm pretty much whatever the little dictator wants" ;)...but persistance paid off in this case.  And by that I mean me lying on his nursery floor for hours with one hand stuck through the crib rails (really? I cannot believe I did that now)
  • Eats....and eats and eats and eats...3 meals a day and 4 bottles/nursing sessions - eats pretty much whatever is put in front of him, rice cereal, oat cereal, carrots, sweet potato, lentils, chicken, apple sauce, bananas - the list goes on.  Weighed 19lbs11oz at his 6 month apt and 21lbs4oz two weeks later.  Porky piglet ;) 
  • Loves to drink water - I am very happy about this one and will do everything I can to continue to encourage this one, I don't think I'll offer him juice or anything other than milk or water for the first little while...I don't think there is a need when he's getting what he needs from whole fruit and veggies.
  • Had his first fever :( - was so sad, poor thing got it on what was our hottest day yet - so we schlepped to the clinic with just a onesie on him sweating all the way - they did a few tests and said it wasn't in his chest or ears (which was good) so we just had to sort of wait it out.  Was so sweltering that night that we ended up setting up camp in the family room on the couch cushions where it was a bit cooler and thankfully his fever broke that night.
  • Thinks animal noises are the coolest 
  • Loves to be naked.  Seriously probably his favourite thing ever.  Flails around like mad.  He's a true boy.
  • We've started reading two books before bed every night - Bear of My Heart and On The Night You Were Born...both are fantastic, Bear of my heart is perfect for him since he's our little bear. 



I'm also behind at posting my Scrapping Turtle layouts from the last few weeks - this month we're working with Bo Bunny - I am using the Blast Off line and I love it - perfect for boyish pages

Have a great day!

3 comments :

Ann said...

Love the sweet baby layouts!

Caroline said...

he is just a cutie, cant believe mine is 5 yr in August waaaaaaaaaa where does it all go?? Great LO's

Keshet said...

Love your layouts! He is adorable and SO big now! Ack!